Eh!


Heading off to Toronto this morning, despite near-panic attacks last night. Well, honestly, after having blown a small fortune on this interview there was really nothing else to do but go. I am left with the realization that this interview is going to be a complete waste of my time – I am quite unprepared and though I have 27 hours before the actual interview itself, I feel as though I can’t cram it – mastering interview questions, mastering grammar – all in those 24 hours.

But I can’t let it be a waste of time. I have to do what I can. I have to follow my earlier rationale for even going in the first place – a) they were the only school that contacted me b) I want something in motion c) it gives me something to focus on and a chance to brush up on grammar d) it’ll put me back in that teaching mindframe and prepare me for potential interviews and jobs down the road and e) mini-break in Canada!!

*

Today, checking mail as I prepare to head out to LGA – a response from another English school in Nagoya, Japan, requesting a phone interview “as soon as possible” for a November position they have to fill. Perfect, just as I’m about to leave for Guatemala. A phone interview when? Perhaps if they’re in Japan, my Sunday will be their Monday and we can do it then? Or when I get back on Friday, crammed between flight arrival and work? Is that possible? sigh …

waiting for the panic to start again ….

meanwhile …

Canada, here I come.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s